Interest Sub Category:
Marketing/ Communications/ Public Relations
Job Title :
Worksite Outreach Coordinator
Type of Position:
• Minimum Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field
• Minimum two years of business development, sales, marketing, outreach or other relevant business experience
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills and experience in handling multiple tasks in an organized and efficient manner
• Energetic, and articulate individual who has the communication skills and persuasiveness necessary to influence, motivate, and inform travelers in the use of travel options statewide
• Proven track record meeting job performance metrics
• Ability to achieve objectives through teamwork
• Must have current valid driver’s license
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
• General office environment; may require visits to project sites
• Some heavy lifting (
URS Corporation is a fully integrated engineering, construction and technical services organization with the capabilities to support the full project life cycle—from inception through start-up and operation to decommissioning and closure. We offer planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, operations and maintenance, and management services.
In this position, you will be a member of the worksite outreach team on our MassRIDES project, which manages the statewide travel demand management (TDM) and Safe Routes to School programs at the Massachusetts Department of Transportation. As a MassRIDES worksite outreach coordinator, you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with MassRIDES partners including large companies, universities, hospitals and more, within an assigned outreach territory. You will assist these partner locations with the implementation of commute options programs that help reduce traffic congestion and improve air quality in the Commonwealth. You will work in a fast paced team environment.
• Performs a range of transportation demand management, marketing and outreach tasks aimed at enhancing opportunities for individual travelers, commuters, and/or students to utilize non-drive-alone means of transportation, including carpooling, vanpooling, public transit, bicycling, walking, teleworking, and other options
• Develop, promote, and/or implement a range of worksite operational programs aimed at improving business operations and increasing alternative mode use to improve overall air quality and mitigate traffic congestion
Responsibilities / Objectives:
Maintain outreach responsibilities in an assigned territory, including but not limited to:
• Create new and manage existing partner/client relationships
• Assist with worksite/community-based TDM plans and guide the implementation of commute options programs at employer sites (e.g. carpool, pre-tax transit benefits, compressed work weeks, bicycle programs, commute incentives)
• Deepen existing MassRIDES worksite partner relationships by increasing participation rates and program awareness
• Conduct onsite events, promotions and marketing activities at partner sites to promote alternative mode use and MassRIDES participation
• Attend local networking and public meetings
• Conduct presentations for stakeholders, employers and commuters
• Generate measurable results from employer or commuter participation in transportation-related incentive programs
• Track employer relationships and activities over time, by compiling and maintaining thorough reports of communications and participation
• Devise new approaches to challenges encountered
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.
URS Corporation - 21 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...