Responsible for the operation, leadership, and management of assigned food service business. Utilizes critical thinking skills and advanced knowledge to ensure departmental focus and vision is aligned with the hospital and Intermountain business plans.
Manages employees and is responsible for assigned service functions such as patient services, inventory management, production, retail, catering, or off-site campus locations or entire department operations. Responsibility for or assists in department budget preparation and monitoring.
1. Implements best practices to deliver exceptional care and service at the appropriate cost.
2. Develops processes and standards and holds employees accountable to ensure that food safety standards and regulatory guidelines are met.
3. Monitors quality and satisfaction scores. Develops and implements plans to achieve desired outcomes.
4. Establishes financial objectives by assisting in budget planning, forecasting, revenue, and measuring productivity while maintaining a viable financial status.
5. Provides value-based leadership to establish high functioning teams and operations in an accountable environment.
6. Facilitates all human resources functions including: hiring, training, mentoring, evaluating, conflict resolution, constructive discipline and termination. Determines appropriate staffing model for assigned unit or department. Builds a cohesive team and promotes employee engagement.
7. Develops department or assigned business line strategic plans, initiatives, and goals. Assesses, designs, implements, and evaluates food service systems to pursue excellence.
8. Participates and communicates with staff and interdisciplinary committees to share information, resolve conflict, and provide excellent customer service.
9. May coordinate, facilitate, and/or precept students.
- Bachelor’s degree obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Three years experience in food service management or clinical dietetics.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer skills, with familiarity in word processing and spreadsheets applications.
- Carrying, Hearing / Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing / Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Squatting / Kneeling
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Service Management, Dietetics, Nutrition, Hospitality Management, or Business.
- Masters Degree
- Registered Dietitian
- Experience in a business or retail food services environment
ServSafe certification Please Note
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 13 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...