Scholastic (NASDAQ: SCHL), the global children's publishing and media company, has a corporate mission of instilling the love of reading and learning for lifelong pleasure in all children.
Recognizing that literacy is the cornerstone of a child's intellectual, personal and cultural growth, for more than 80 years, Scholastic has created quality products and services that educate, entertain and motivate children. For more information, please visit our website at: www.scholastic.com
Scholastic's is currently seeking a: Telecommunications Specialist
Wiring and cross-connects
- Implement and support day to day operations of Unified Communication, IP and Voice Infrastructure
- Support MACD's of telecomm and ancillary equipment.
- Engineering and support voice applications and reporting
- Implement and manage call flow, treatments and etc.
- Manage call traffic flow
- Installation, maintenance and repair of CPE
- Service, Repair, Maintenance and testing of Scholastic Telecom and Data network systems and applications including but not limited to:
- Voice mail systems
- Contact Center Infrastructure and applications (IVR, Call Recording, CTI, CRM)
- TM and call accounting applications
- UPS and Power Misc. ancillary equipment
- Reporting Systems System Administration and system monitoring systems
- Project Coordination and support of operations
- Reporting, Trending and analysis
- Associate Degree in Telecommunications or Information Technology
- Five years hands-on experience as an technician/ engineer in a contact center or telecom environment with a laser focus on customer service and system availability
- Solid understanding UC platforms
- Solid understanding of carrier services and transport methodology
- Experience with Nortel PBX's, Cisco Call Manager, Contact Center Technologies, Voicemail systems, CPE, Wireless Phones, Carriers, and ancillary Equipment.
- Previous experience with telephony/IP technologies, Telecommunication Administration, and call routing a plus.
- Ability to work shifts, occasional weekends/holidays as well as travels on Occasion.
- Availability for after-hours and the ability to be on-call for emergencies
- Aptitude to work independently and as part of a team in a high paced environment
- Certification in Nortel product and infrastructure, Cisco required and Microsoft and ITIL a plus
Scholastic - 4 years ago
Once upon a time, a company grew up to become one of the world's leading children's book publishers. Scholastic Corporation sells...