Why Join Altec?
If you’re considering a career with Altec, Inc., there’s never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That’s why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that’s why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work “Safer and Smarter.” Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Supervises and coordinates the sale and distribution of parts for Altec Worldwide
- Receive customer calls and respond to inquiries and researches when required
- Complete order entries as necessary
- Track part delivery and advises customer of expected date
- Work with AWW accounting on collections
- Oversee and approve access to Altec Connect
- Works with Oracle Team to develop online parts sales
- Prepares monthly report of sales by country and distributor and compares actual sales to current sales goals
- Works internally to prepare marketing strategies and promotions and communicates monthly promotions to customers
- Gathers relevant information on new customers and provides to accounting to establish account
- All other duties as assigned
- College Degree required, technical related field preferred
- Experience with machinery parts sales, service or product support a plus
- Mechanical aptitude to research parts from manuals
- PC skills using Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in English and Spanish required
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Current valid U.S. Driver’s License required
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
Altec Industries - 2 years ago
Altec is a leading provider of products and services to the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, and...