- High school or GED
- 1 year relevant experience required
This position is accountable to provide leadership, responsibility, and supervision, within the Environmental Services department at Mary Washington Hospital.
The Supervisor, Environmental Services (EVS) reports directly to the Manager, EVS. This position has responsibility for supervision of an assigned shift (days, evenings or nights) within the EVS department, and assists the Manager, EVS in the maintenance of clean and sanitary facilities at Mary Washington Hospital according to State and Federal regulatory and accrediting agencies. This position provides supervision in accordance with Organizational and Departmental philosophies and goals.
The Supervisor, EVS, works with Managers, Medical Staff, and Associates to meet and exceed the needs patients, families, and community members. This position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment of quality, cost-effective and customer-focused service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
Supervisor, Environmental Services Department Responsibilities:
1. Supervises programs for waste management, sanitation, and cleaning in the Hospital.
2. Supervises the management of Hazardous Materials and Regulatory Waste processes.
3. Conducts on-going evaluations of Environmental Services’ Quality & Patient Safety and Performance Improvement programs.
4. Conducts frequent rounds of all areas of the hospital to ensure that EVS Associates are on task with regard to daily/shift assignments.
5. Conducts patient ambassador rounds for all newly admitted and existing patients for the purpose of service excellence follow-up.
6. Implements policies, procedures, goals, and standards, and assists in the ongoing review of Competency Notebooks for Department operation. Implements both Operational and Emergency Procedures under the direction of the Manager, EVS.
7. Provides appropriate reports and documents to communicate effectively Department operations to Departmental Leadership.
8. Implements and administers standards of performance and productivity; patient comfort programs and processes; quality assurance and safety programs in cooperation with Service Excellence and Risk Management Departments; and staffing needs.
9. Assists the Manager, EVS: Reviews personnel performance evaluations. Investigates irregularities and policy violations. Reviews, evaluates, and monitors work schedules, work flow, work hours, and duty assignments. Promotes good intra- and interdepartmental employee relationships and cooperation, and solves Department problems.
10. Assists the Manager EVS: Manages receiving, storage, and inventory control.
11. Assists the Manager, EVS: Maintains Department records, reports, statistics, and files, including, but not limited to, those required for Administrative and Regulatory purposes. Oversees the establishment of a record-keeping system, charge schedules, and forms used by the Department. Supervises maintenance of complete and accurate records of time charges. Prepares project reports and maintains historical data as required.
12. The Supervisor, EVS is responsible for Direct Supervision of up to 15 EVS FTEs per shift.
13. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Associates Degree in associated field is preferred.
2. One to Three years Supervisory experience in Environmental Services is required.
Mary Washington Healthcare - 19 months ago