The Field Service Technician is responsible for multiple operational compression and production jobs with direct responsibility for the operation of compressor packages, gas process, equipment and power generation equipment, including rentals.
- Provides preventative and corrective field mechanical service on gas compression and process equipment on site at client locations.
- Directs, coordinates, and assists with scheduled and unscheduled equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Represents Exterran in a professional manner at all times.
- Follows all Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Demonstrates proficiency in accurately and efficiently diagnosing and repairing mechanical problems on multiple compressor systems.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of new compressor technologies and comprehensive mechanical, diagnostic, and analytical skills.
- Will have call-out rotation responsibilities and responds to emergency maintenance calls.
- Responsible for submitting accurate maintenance reports and other necessary paperwork.
- Is dedicated to customer service, and maintains professional working relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Must have valid Driver's License and a clean driving record.
- Must be able to provide own hand tools up to 1 1/4".
Our core values – safety, service, respect, global perspective and integrity – define our culture. And our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in our industry. Perhaps you should be the next among us.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-year experience working on natural gas compressors.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Engine and Compressor Schools/Training. Experience working on CAT 3500 and 3600 engines.
- Knowledge and experience on compression, process and production equipment, as well as electrical systems, including panel boards, skid wiring, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of high speed and low speed equipment.
- Significant experience in engine, compressor mechanics, production equipment and gas compression.
- Basic computer skills and ability to be proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Exterran Holdings, Inc. is engaged in the full-service natural gas compression business. It provides operations, maintenance, service and...