Lead Oracle Developer – Seattle Washington
Lead Developer that will act as a lead between developers, business partners, vendor resources, project managers and architects to ensure successful delivery and implementation of projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead a team of developers in the implementation of projects.
- Exercise leadership throughout the development life cycle and focus on delivery of quality solutions.
- Meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment, multi-tasking efficiently, coordinating dependencies with other groups in multiple time zones.
- Partner with business teams to gather and translate business functional requirements into technical solutions.
- Responsible for Effort estimation, Development, Review and Approval of Requirements, Design, Code and Configurations.
- Develop High level design/Solution approach strategies for application and/or technology solutions.
- Provide root cause analysis to resolve complex technical/application issues.
Collaborate with application architects and developers to design and develop highly reliable, scalable and robust solutions.
- Evangelize the architectural vision and direction among delivery team members, mentor and guide delivery team members through all phases of the project.
- Stay current with changing technologies and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline/experience preferred
- 4+ years of progressive experience as a senior developer on major projects
- 6+ years development, implementation and maintenance of large-scale systems on UNIX and Oracle platform needed.
- Experience with implementation of services using SOA concepts preferred.
- Experience with implementing & supporting Oracle Retail Merchandising Suite of apps (Oracle Retail MOM suite of applications, like Oracle RMS, Oracle RPM, Oracle Retail SIM, Oracle RPAS apps)
Orchid is a small, minority, woman-owned, disadvantaged business headquartered in Reston, Virginia. Orchid delivers customized IT solutions that solve the most pressing development, storage, and analytic needs. Our enterprise IT solutions are flexible, scalable, responsive, and affordable.