The Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College is seeking a qualified individual to provide expertise and support in administration to the Director of Undergraduate Services related to advising, retention, and student engagement activities. Under general supervision the Specialist, Academic Support works in accordance with established goals and assignments; may have contact with high-level administrative offices requiring use of business vocabulary, tact, discretion and judgment; maintain official records, and implements administrative policies; and handle problems and non-routine situations by determining the approach or action to take and interprets guidelines, procedures, policies and practices.
-Supports the Director, Managers, Coordinators and advising team of Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, Undergraduate Student Services with various projects and administrative needs.
-Conducts database queries using Advantage, PeopleSoft and other software programs; prepares special and recurring reports containing specialized or sensitive information following the Director's general direction.
- Assists the Director-faculty in setting up Professional Improvement Plan and Academic Integrity meetings with students, follows up with students, and maintains office records.
- Processes medical-compassionate withdrawals and petitions after they are reviewed by the Director. Updates databases and Google Docs.
- Processes Academic Record Changes and Administrative Proxy Request forms.
- Creates and mails Teachers College Dean's List Letters each semester to those students making the Dean's List/sends probation and disqualified letters to those specific students each semester.
- Oversees ordering for all office materials/Pcard purchase request forms/purchases/PCard reconciliations.
- Hires, trains and supervises student workers.
- Assists advisors and operations areas with various projects and Teachers College events, orientations and workshops.
- Provides overall office operations support such as receiving and screening telephone calls and visitors, scheduling meetings, conferences, seminars, and special events, maintaining the Director¿s calendar, maintaining record-keeping systems, opening and reviewing incoming mail, and responding to inquiries.
- Provides back up coverage to the front desk staff when needed.
- Serves as a liaison with other departments within Teachers College and ASU.
- Assist in developing budgets, performance indicators, and accountability reports for new programs and/or budget units.
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment and three (3) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Demonstrated knowledge of: standard office policies and procedures; basic project management; student support functions (i.e., recruiting, advising, retention, etc.); computer software (i.e., Advantage, PeopleSoft); Microsoft office suite ( i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access): managing Outlook calendars. Evidence of effective English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation. Experience: designing presentation materials; supervising student workers; maintaining effective working relationships. Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
Sun lovers and knowledge seekers can turn to Arizona State University (ASU) for a well-rounded college education. The research university...