A WWPass Systems Administrator Intern has the ability to take ownership and responsibility for technical, operational, and security issues at an actual implementation level. This includes but is not limited to deployment and maintenance of work stations, servers, networks, and all related hardware and services. The position’s most important role will be to setup and maintain server environments composed mostly of Linux. The position is also focused on career growth.
This means the candidate does not have to be familiar with all the advanced technologies listed in the job description. However, more familiarity will definitely aid in getting the job done. The candidate must have good customer service skills, a love of learning and working with new technologies, and should enjoy making processes more efficient.
• Upgrade, patch, secure, and maintain VMWare, ESXi, Xen, Linux, and Windows servers.
• Work in a Datacenter environment with KVM, UPS, and networking devices.
• Work with Cisco ASA Firewall/VPN units, Linux IP Tables, and networking protocols like
• Work with IMAP, MAPI, and VoIP phone systems.
• Work with Bacula Linux backup software, MySQL databases, Apache web services, etc.
• Ensure proper security and backups through user education as well as proper system
Compensation: To be established based on scope of responsibilities and experience.
Experience: Completed at least 2 years of a degree program.
Education & Certification: Completed at least2 years of a degree program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Windows 7
• Mac OS 10.6
• Debian/Ubuntu & Gentoo Linux
• PC Hardware
• Cisco Networking Devices
• Exchange Server
• SSL/SSH Key Management
• File System Encryption
Availability: Flexible and negotiable
Work Environment: Office, light production, and technical areas – required
Weight Pushing/Lifting: Racking servers and equipment
Prolonged Standing/Walking: Infrequent
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WWPass is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or veteran status.