Upstream Americas searches for and recovers oil and natural gas across the Americas. Many of these activities are carried out as joint venture partnerships, including with national oil companies. The business is organized into four major business units along key resource development lines, which includes Deep Water, Exploration and Commercial, Heavy Oil, and Onshore Gas.
Upstream Americas includes our oil sands operations, which extracts bitumen from oil sands and converts it to synthetic crudes. Our wind power business is also part of this organization. Upstream Americas puts safety, sustainability, the global search for viable new energy sources and innovative technologies at the heart of how we do business.
At Shell our commitment is to satisfy the world’s need for energy with economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions.
We seek a high standard of performance, and understand that great ideas can change the world.
If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Shell.
We will provide you with the resources to put your ideas into action, worldwide opportunities to advance your career, and outstanding benefits and rewards that support your quality of life.
Join us and let’s make a real difference together.
- Construct and execute reservoir surveillance plans including data acquisition, interpretation/QC of data, integrated reservoir modeling and action planning in order to identify reserve and production enhancement opportunities as well as optimize and forecast hydrocarbon production
- Build/Maintain the subsurface models required for surveillance and forecasting of reservoir performance
- Work across organizational interfaces for data collection, execution of remedial/recompletion opportunities, prioritization of efforts and feedback on recommendations
- Screen/incorporate new technology for surveillance-based data collection and interpretation
- Book resource volumes and proved reserves
- Interact with more experienced reservoir engineers to continue to develop technical skills
- May be assigned other responsibilities as needed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in petroleum or chemical engineering, physics, or mathematics
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in reservoir engineering
- Familiarity with reservoir simulation models, material balance modeling, wellbore flow modeling, integrated modeling, and reserves estimation
- Some familiarity with hydrocarbon economics, cash flow analysis and decision analysis
- Interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work with a team of professionals
- Desire to develop leadership skills and competencies
- Interest in planning and application of new technical concepts
- Strong belief that personal and coworker safety is a core value in how work is done
Sunday 07 July 2013
Number of Vacancies
In addition to the tasks outlined in this job description, you may be assigned other responsibilities as needed. The Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies offers an outstanding benefits package. In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online candidate profile. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Shell Companies in the U.S. are equal opportunity employers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our
policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and...