Key Job Responsibilities
- Answer high-volume of inbound service calls, place orders and explain/promote/sell the company's products and services.
- Maintain customer relationships by providing the highest level of service.
- Job duties are performed in a customer support/contact center environment with phone and email based customer interaction.
- Representatives must become well versed in several product lines and systems with flexibility to adapt to changes in products and services offered and demonstrate the ability to learn quickly.
- Answer inbound telephone calls and place orders for several product lines.
- Promptly and courteously respond to customer inquiries, requests or complaints.
- Provide service excellence through order placement, timely follow up of service requests, and maintaining a positive attitude and friendly manner.
- Perform outbound follow up calls/send thank you cards to build relationships.
- Up-sell products and services offered in a casual conversational approach.
- Accurately enter and edit customer information and product orders in appropriate database(s).
- Investigate and resolve customer/student complaints promptly to ensure satisfaction.
- Document and escalate issues and complaints as outlined in escalation policy.
- Respond to general inquiry emails, chat sessions and voicemails.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the products and services offered by our company, to include knowledge of all customer information systems, web site navigation, and databases.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the activities stated above to achieve organizational goals.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 - 3 years related experience
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability to changes in workload, systems and processes.
- MS Office knowledge
- Communication skills, written and verbal, to transmit information accurately and understandably, and to actively seek feedback.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and remain detail-oriented.
- Positive and friendly demeanor; ability to remain calm and professional under pressure and in stressful situations.
Kaplan, Inc., a subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company, is a premier provider of educational services for individuals, schools, and...