Because you have a passion for people, you'll love working at Publix! We're in the business of pleasing people and our associates are so engaged with our customers that Publix is the industry leader in customer satisfaction. Their engaging personalities are also one reason that, for 15 consecutive years, Publix has been honored as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” Bring YOUR passion for people to the Sous Chef position in Alpharetta, GA You'll have the chance to share your smile with a lot of people!
INTRODUCING THIS OPPORTUNITY
Primary Responsibilities : The primary responsibilities for this position include the following:
Minimum Qualifications: The required qualifications for this position include:
- Supporting the Resident Chef or guest chef in the cooking school.
- Delivers premier customer service
- Interacts with customers to relate talking points regarding cooking techniques, product details and nutritional information of recipes while teaching classes.
- Performs cooking /product demonstrations according to Resident Chef’s specifications
- Serves samples of featured recipes and products
- Gathers meal ingredients, organizes kitchen and prepares for each cooking class
- Sets tables with appropriate service ward
- Conducts research and develops recipes
- Cleans and sanitizes the Cooking School and surrounding area according to Publix procedures
- Reinforces security and safety guidelin e s
Preferred Qualifications: The preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Be at least 18 years old
- At least one year’s experience in the hospitality industry and/or completion of one year of cooking/culinary school.
- Knowledge of and experience with various cooking techniques and preparation methods
- Ability to deliver friendly and courteous customer service
- Ability to read, write , do simple math problems and follow instructions and recipes
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to travel (by car or air) with potential overnight stays.
$ 8.90 -$1 6.75
4305 State Bridge Road
To be considered for this position, you must apply at the Job Application Center , a kiosk located in each store. It is best to do that at the location for this opening but you can go to any local Publix to apply. Because the Sous Chef position is only in a limited number of stores, you will have to apply for “Cooking Demonstrator”. When you apply on the Job Application Center, managers at other stores can view your application and may call you if they have openings, if you are qualified, and if your hours of availability match their needs.
Additionally, please send your resume to . Please include MSous in the subject line . To receive a reply, you must specify at which Publix you entered your application and provide a resume including your work experience, skills and training.
Come join a company that offers benefits to help you grow financially. Publix offers the following to all eligible associates:
Publix is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability pay
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Paycheck direct deposit option
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
For more information about our company, go to www.publix.com .
Monster - 9 months ago
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...