We currently have an excellent opportunity for an HR Administrative Assistant to work out of our manufacturing facility in Lakewood, NJ. This position provides comprehensive support for all Human Resource department activities in a lean manufacturing environment.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
- Coordinate the interviewing process for job applications/resumes including applicant flow, routing resumes, generating response letters, scheduling interviews, and responding to telephone inquiries.
- Maintain AAP manual applicant flow files and tracking/reporting system.
- Generate new hire offer letters and schedule pre-employment testing.
- Schedule and conduct new hire orientations.
- Administer and maintain tracking systems for various benefits programs including Open Enrollment, new hire & termination processes, Saving & Profit Sharing plans, etc. Assist employees in investigation and resolution of benefits-related issues.
- Manage the Family & Medical Leave (FMLA) process in compliance with federal and state timelines through the administration of required applications and/or advisement letters to employees. Communicate and educate employees about eligibility, rights, and responsibilities. Maintain STD/FMLA department report and review weekly with HR Representative and HR Manager.
- Complete and process various forms including employment, personnel change information and other confidential forms and records. Transmit new and changed information to appropriate sources for payroll.
- Process non-exempt payroll hours on a weekly basis and distribute payroll checks. Can access E-time to view hourly timesheets and works with corporate Payroll department to solve employee paycheck issues.
- Generate and distribute periodic reports (hours worked, overtime, vacation time, etc.)
- Maintain and update HRIS and Access database to track employee information and changes
- Actively promote and support company programs and policies
- Assist with planning, organizing, and implementing projects such as visitor luncheons, company picnic, holiday get-together, etc.
- Design and maintain information bulletin boards changing information routinely to keep them current. This includes electronic message display board in cafeteria.
- Monitor HR office supplies, employee required forms, brochures & booklets and replenish as needed. Implement tracking record for loaned laptop, projector and flipchart stands.
- Responsible for maintaining all HR document filing and upkeep of storage room.
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures
- Supports Safety Coordinator in preparing or administering memos, reports, and annual programs such as Safety Shoemobile, Annual Hearing Testing, Safety Eyewear Program, etc. and maintains safety program files as requested.
- Supports HR Representative in the administration of Workers Compensation reports and communications with supervisors, injured employees, Liberty Mutual and our Occupational Healthcare Provider.
- Assist with miscellaneous administrative tasks and perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess bi-lingual Spanish/English speaking, reading and writing skills and be able to communicate clearly an concisely in multiple media –verbal, written, etc.
- Possesses a demeanor and attitude that builds positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Actively participates and is highly efficient when working as a member of a team or as an individual contributor.
- Strong degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide and sustain a strong level of customer service to the organization.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, Windows-based applications).
- HRIS, ADP or other payroll processing software preferred. Payroll experience is a plus.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality at all times and in all situations.
- Knowledge of FDA and cGMP regulations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Human Resource Management or related field of Business, Industrial Relations, Labor Relations, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years HR experience, preferably in a fast paced, non-union manufacturing environment. Prior work experience in household products, OTC healthcare or pharmaceuticals will be a plus.
Church & Dwight Co. - 19 months ago
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.0 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the...