To do this kind of work, you must be able to:|
1. Understand and use math concepts in order to design a financial or economic system.
2. Interpret technical information presented in mathematical or diagram format in order to work with things like real estate property valuations and stock market reports.
3. Work math problems quickly and accurately.
4. Understand and use computers and related equipment.
5. Speak and write clearly to report financial information.
6. Make decisions about the value of real estate and personal property based on inspection of the property, how you think its location will be affected by future plans of the community, as well as established facts like past tax values.
7. Plan and direct the work of accounting clerks and other workers.
Over four years up to and including ten years.
To do this job, you must have the following licenses or certifications before being hired: Prefer C.H.A.E. candidates.
To do this job, you must have the following amounts of total education and/or experience: College degree and/or ten (10) years experience in hotel accounting, management experience a must. Must be able to do decentralized accounting.
Reports To: General Manager
Supervises Through Subordinates: Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Income/Audit/Payroll Clerk, Night Auditors, Storeroom Supervisor.
Purpose for the Position: To provide the Owner, General Manager, and other management with accurate, timely, and relevant financial date with which to manage the property.
Supervises the financial department, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, auditing, payroll, general accounting, and cashiers.
Plans and implements procedures and systems.
Prepares financial analysis of operations.
Prepares reports outlining hotel's financial position in areas of income, expense, and earnings, based on past, present, and future operations.
Directs preparation of budgets and financial forecasts.
Prepares governmental reports and handles all inquiries from governmental agencies, including Internal Revenue Service. Maintain file of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc. Hires, fires, trains and develops assigned employees.
Maintains files of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
Hires, fires, trains and develops assigned employees.