Summary of Key Responsibilities:
• Implement SQL Server best practices and design across the global datacenters
• Ensure Backups, Mirrors and Cluster services are running optimally
• Evaluate database architecture and make tuning adjustments to improve customer experience proactively, and provide feedback to engineering teams
• Create a SQL Performance warehouse to track customer Metadata and performance metrics and provide alerting mechanisms..
• Work with the operations team to conduct scheduled maintenance and enhancements to the platform
• Monitor operations of central computing resources for performance optimization.
• Diagnose, as appropriate, complex systems issues with multiple influencing factors.
Technical Skills Required:
• 8+ years of experience in MS SQL Server 2000/MS SQL Server 2005/MS SQL Server 2008, including SQL Server operations, configuration and tuning, backup and recovery, transaction log management, cluster configuration, maintenance, performance tuning, indexes, and SQL query optimization.
• 10+ years with Microsoft Windows.
• 2+ years supporting SQL servers on Virtualization platforms.
• Experience supporting large multi-terabyte databases.
• Familiar with tuning concepts and proven experience tuning OLTP systems.
• Experience with multi-tenant and hosted environments.
• Experience with NOSQL solutions (Mongo) and MYSQL a plus.
• Experience with Cloud Computing a plus.
• Familiarity with ITIL and DEVOPs concepts.
• Knowledge of VMWare ESX 3.5 and 4.0.
• Experience in systems programming and general scripting tasks (Powershell, VBScript, Perl, Ruby, etc).
• Knowledge of Security concepts.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Functional and Technical knowledge
• Strong Customer focus
• Strong organization skills
• Quick learner & adaptable to change
• Bachelors degree required or equivalent experience
Moxie Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
BSGAlliance - 10 months ago