CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. The company provides broadband, voice and wireless services to consumers and businesses across the country and advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. In addition, the company provides data, voice and managed services to business, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers. CenturyLink also is recognized as a leader in the network services market by key technology industry analyst firms, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises through Savvis, a CenturyLink company. CenturyLink’s customers range from Fortune 500 companies in some of the country’s largest cities to families living in rural America. Headquartered in Monroe, LA., CenturyLink is a S&P500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com
View Information regarding our Engineering Team Roles with CenturyLink !
· This position supports Prism Head End Operations for all Prism Head Ends in Centurylink territories.
· Position will provide expert technical direction in support of multiple, complex systems used to support and enhance Microsoft Media Room and Prism IPTV services and systems.
· Engineer, implement and support new and existing systems and applications supporting Microsoft Mediaroom, Prism and Head End Operations.
· Position will lead in the team effort and be accountable for activities related to system and application administration, integration and tools development.
· Position will be responsible for the system administration, maintenance, and configuration of Enterprise class *NIX (Solaris/Red Hat) and Microsoft Operating Systems and applications and hardware.
· Must be proficient in administering, configuring and troubleshooting SQL, Administering clustering services , SQL Performance analysis, Performing DB Backup/Restore, Performance analysis, Troubleshooting.
· This position provides 24 x 7 support, with an 'on call' rotation which can require work on nights, weekends and holidays.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Fluent in Word, Excel
· 7+ years experience in Digital CATV and High Speed Internet Head End environment
· Strong knowledge of TL-1, CLI, SOAP, XML and SNMP protocols and APIs.
· Strong knowledge of DBA in MySQL, Oracle Database, and Microsoft SQL Database
· Strong knowledge of SQL query writting and tuning in MySQL, Oracle Database, and Microsoft SQL Database
· Strong knowledge of Networking/Routing in an IP environment and data center.
· Strong knowledge of SSL, SMTP, SSH, SCP, and IGMP.
· Bachelors degree or equivalent education and relevant experience.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 17 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...