Applicant note: After you upload your initial information & resume by clicking 'Submit', the application form will appear. Complete the application plus the e-signature process. If the finished application doesn't progress, scroll up the page to locate & complete highlighted fields. You will see a 'Thanks for applying' message after your information successfully sends. If you encounter issues, please contact Customer Support at 1-800-943-2589.
Dealer Account Representative - Underwriter Title: Dealer Account Representative - Underwriter Department: Loans & Titles Location: Denver, CO Type: Full_Time Position #: 147467 « Back to Job Listings
Responsible for dealer relationships and sales activities with the dealerships who partner with Public Service Credit Union (PSCU) through CU Direct Connect. Responsible to help PSCU build and maintain relationships, increase loan penetration, control credit risk and ultimately drive revenue and yield while maintaining effective working relationships with dealerships.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for developing the relationships at the dealerships, including, but not limited to: owners, GMs, F&I managers and departments, and the business office.
2. Identify specific sales and account management strategies for each account. Responsible for creating, documenting, and managing to these strategies.
3. Communicate dealership needs, how to increase their satisfaction, ways to grow our product penetration, increase yield.
4. Understand the CUDC systems and help train the dealerhships’ personnel on CUDC processes, including software, rate sheet, and lending guidelines.
5. Work with dealerships to increase PSCU loan penetration and increase indirect lending opportunities.
6. Present reports and trend data to the dealerships to help them understand the volume and profitability of the portfolio.
7. Help resolve issues when the dealership is acting outside the established guidelines or is not following the responsibilities of the dealer agreement.
8. Underwrite indirect automobile loans within defined limits to manage the overall and individual dealership portfolio to the strategic volume, loss tolerance, and yield.
9. Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
1. Clearly communicate with dealerships and PSCU employees regarding sales and underwriting.
2. Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to explain title work to staff and members.
3. Commit to excellence in all areas of job performance, relationship building and member service.
4. Provide the highest level of quality service to all internal and external members.
5. Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor with a positive attitude.
6. Contribute to building a positive team spirit
7. Utilize skillful listening and speaking skills
8. Exhibit support for the organization’s goals, values, initiatives and cost control.
9. Comply with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and other compliance requests and requirements
10. Prioritize and plan work activities, demonstrating the use of efficient time management
11. Willing and able to learn/apply new skills and software applications; adaptable to change.
12. Follow all safety and security guidelines to properly safeguard member and organization assets.
One to three years of indirect lending sales and underwriting experience.
- Strong accuracy
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and follow through skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- A demonstrated track record of successful customer service
- Accurate and current computer skills
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or can be of a personal or sensitive nature. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Mathematical Skills: ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as those necessary to update spreadsheets or calculate sales taxes.
Physical Demands: while performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to work 20 – 45 hours per week and talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, knewwl, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occuasionally life or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision, color, peripheral, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret English. Verbal communication is expressed clearly and concisely in individual situations. Uses proper language at all times. Written communication conveys ideas in a concise manner. Effectively writes memos and letters. Internal forms and correspondence are professional in appearance. Handwritten notes are legible and easily understood.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to operate basic office equipment including fax, copier, and personal computer using database, word processing and spreadsheet programs. Maintains a filing system that is up to date and accurate.
This list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive; it is merely the most accurate list for the current position. Public Service Credit Union reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change, i.e. changes in personnel, workload, technical development, or emergencies.
This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
A two-year college degree, completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school, or 3 years of comparable job experience.
Public Service Credit Union is a stable financial institution with 27 branches located throughout the Denver Metro, Northern Colorado, and Colorado Springs areas. We offer a competitive salary with an outstanding benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and life insurance, health and dependent care spending accounts, a generous 401(k) plan with employee/employer contributions, and more.