System Administrator III with Windows, VMware and Linux experience
Must have a TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Experience with virtualized products (i.e., VMware, vCenter, vSphere) and providing support to Enterprise-wide virtual systems
- Solaris 10 and RedHat Linux O/S administration experience
- Experience implementing and sustaining virtual systems in a teaming environment
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates with client management to formulate complex technical solutions.
- Informs client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
- Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
- Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
- Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides technical leadership to appropriate personnel on highly complex system administration activities. Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of technical experiences in a client-server environment