Integrated Defense Systems and Services (IDSS), a business unit of DRS Technologies, Inc. is a best-in-class developer of advanced electronic systems and other military technologies to support the warfighter and peacekeeper. Headquartered in Rockville, Md., the company is composed of seven lines of business with annual revenues of $1.3 billion. Our more than 3,700 employees around the globe include a number of committed IDSS staff working side-by-side in theater with American and Allied soldiers. IDSS provides products, services and systems integration in the areas of intelligence and sensor technologies, security, cyber, sonar, communications, electronic warfare, training systems, satellite communications, avionics, control systems and unmanned technologies. For additional information on IDSS, please visit our website at www.drs.com .
DRS Company Overview
DRS Technical Services, Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data, voice and video applications over integrated satellite, terrestrial, and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering, installing, operating and maintaining innovative, low-risk, and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military, commercial, and relief efforts at home and around the globe.
Job Location: Henrdon, VA
Title: Systems Administrator
Must possess strong problem-solving skills. Must have in-depth knowledge of systems hardware and software in Windows and Mac environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install operating system, software, patches and upgrades
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve system hardware, software and network issues
- Configure, optimize, fine-tune and monitor hardware and software on workstations and servers
- Perform systems backup and recovery
- Serve as tier2 and tier3 escalation helpdesk tech
- Serve as administrator of Active Directory
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a fast pace IT environment
- In depth understanding of Active Directory and Exchange
- Experience with backup\recovery software(Symantec Backup Exec and Netbackup)
- Experience with routers and switches
- Experience with PBX’s and telephone switches
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and processes
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- Understanding of Sharepoint
- Understanding of Oracle
- Understanding of SQL
- Understanding of site to site connectivity
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Walking, Bending, Stooping, Kneeling etc)
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
DRS Defense Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. IND
DRS Technologies - 18 months ago
DRS Technologies has zeroed in on its target -- to be the fastest growing defense company in the world. It offers mission-critical products...