The Client Services Representative will perform general reception duties for all clients of Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital. CSRs will be responsible for greeting clients and helping them to check in; providing clients with appropriate paperwork and ensuring that paperwork is completed in full; answering client calls; updating client account database and maintaining client charts; acting as a liaison between clients and doctors.
Education and Experience:
- Greet clients, determine nature of visit, and direct client to sign in accordingly
- Provide clients with required paperwork, ensure paperwork is completed properly
- Create new client records, file paperwork into existing client charts, maintain charts in neat and orderly fashion
- Utilize client database system effectively – schedule appointments, create client accounts, view medical records, manage financial transactions, run reports
- Answer phone calls – schedule appointments, take messages for doctors, answer general questions; guide clients without giving medical advice
- Be able to communicate professionally and succinctly with clients via email and text messages
- Be familiar with and utilize procedure manual as effective reference tool
- Complete financial transactions for clients, including taking credit card payments and recording payment in computer system
- Discretely handle confidential client information such as social security numbers, credit card numbers, financial histories, etc.
- Maintain neat front desk appearance, keep supplies stocked.
- High School Diploma required.
- Must have experience working with the public, i.e. restaurant, retail or service business.
- Experience in a veterinary hospital or other doctor's office is a plus.
Our generous benefit package includes the following for full-time employees and (if qualified, we offer domestic partner coverage!) Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Transit checks, Tuition Assistance Program, Training Seminars, EAP, 50% hospital discount, Vacation, Sick, Personal & Company Holiday time off.
- Strong computer skills – must be comfortable learning new computer system
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; ability to be concise and thorough
- Focus on stellar customer service – ability to remain calm and empathetic with emotional clients
- Keen attention to detail
- Physical Requirements – ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a 10 hour day
- Bilingual – Speak English/Spanish Fluently.
- Schedule Flexibility - 40 hour work week of 4 ten-hour days, or 5 eight-hour days, Monday through Saturday
ASPCA - 19 months ago
This group watches out for Fidos, Fluffies, and other furry friends all across the country. The ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention...