Under the supervision of the Field Supervisor the employee will serve as the first point of contact for all guests and employees at the camps. Employee will provide administrative and secretarial support to the camps and prepare daily billeting reports and billing summaries.
DOYON LIMITED CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Responsible for performing all Billeting functions of incoming and outgoing guests.
- Interface with Housekeeping staff to resolve billeting issues, provide and ensure accuracy of billeting reports.
- Act as first POC in an active role in employee safety program by maintaining continuous monitoring of safety practices in all areas, to include working with Doyon’s HSE representatives.
- Have a strong ability to resolve issues that may arise.
- Input into maintenance program.
- Provides administrative assistance to the field supervisor and for the c& provides and receives accurate and clear information concerning matters related to the company from departments in the company and clients.
- Responds to routine external correspondence. Types memos, purchase requisitions, payment requests and other department forms and documents.
- Preserves the confidentiality of proprietary information and uses good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority.
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings for Camp staff.
- Provides records management assistance and performs filing as necessary.
- Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files.
- Answers and screens incoming and outgoing calls and correspondence. Respond independently when possible. Take and relay incoming messages and place outgoing calls as needed.
- Works in coordination with other Doyon staff to plan and coordinate meetings within the camp or on the North Slope.
- Create purchase orders for the acquisition of materials.
- Direct communication with Camp Staff; place, track and verify purchase orders.
- Works independently under general direction on a wide variety of projects.
- Represent Doyon professionally in all encounters with the client and its representatives.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
- Corporate Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
- Customer Services – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
- Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
- Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
- Administrative Skills- Performs a variety of responsible and confidential office, clerical and professional administrative duties.
- Attention to Detail- Ensures one's own and other's work and information are complete and accurate.
- Planning and Organizing- Systematically develops plans, prioritizes, organizes and manages resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific time period.
- Quality Management- Integrates organizational functions (i.e., marketing, finance, design, engineering, and production, customer service, etc.) to focus on meeting customer needs and organizational goals.
- Workforce Development- Effective in the recruitment, selection, development, and retention of competent staff members.
- Communication Skills- Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others
- Problem Solving- Anticipates and identifies problems, distinguishes between symptoms and causes, and determines alternative solutions involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
- Decision Making- Makes choices or reaches conclusions by establishing objectives, gathering relevant information, identifying alternatives, setting criteria for the decision, and selecting the best option.
- Independence- Works with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to Learn- Willing to learn new skills or techniques to meet the demanding changes of job duties and responsibilities.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
o May Substitute an Associate’s level degree in business or related field for one year of experience; or
- Must have excellent communication, customer service, and project organizational skills, and be able to work independently as well as within a team atmosphere.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible secretarial or administrative experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience working with remote North Slope operations/NSTC
- Must understand and be committed to confidentiality.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must type at least 60 wpm and have excellent spelling and grammar skills
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than forty pounds.
- Government, Oil and Gas industry experience
- Three years of demonstrated knowledge of ANCSA, Doyon, and related issues
- Experience & knowledge of Alaska Native cultures
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of work is performed in a remote field office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than forty pounds. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
Doyon Government Group
- 3 years ago - save job