EHS Specialist Sr I-1300013
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The position provides technical support for Safety and Industrial Hygiene compliance activities as needed through a shared services concept.
1. Responsible for providing technical and regulatory expertise to maintain safety and industrial hygiene compliance through support and program assistance for one or more site operating areas.
2. Responsible for facilitating the sharing of programs, procedures, tools, and successfully demonstrated practices within the EHS Community.
3. Responsible for implementation and operation of Safety and Industrial Hygiene standardized processes and administration of related electronic systems.
4. Responsible for developing effective working relationships with site management, employees, and the EHS community to drive continuous improvement in Safety/Industrial Hygiene performance.
5. Provide input to Hub Safety/Industrial Hygiene Team Leader in identifying and tracking appropriate KPI’s, and assessing site safety and industrial hygiene performance.
6. Maintain Safety and Industrial Hygiene records and prepare various reports for assigned units.
7. Responsible for serving as a site Incident Commander on as needed basis.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
The individual needs to have detailed knowledge (theory and application) of the Safety and Industrial Hygiene disciplines, or capability to develop the same. Basic knowledge of chemical manufacturing is a plus.
1. Bachelor's degree required; Engineering or Science related degree preferred.
2. Safety and/or Industrial Hygiene regulatory knowledge and expertise is required.
3. Five or more years experience in implementing Safety and Industrial Hygiene programs, in a manufacturing arena, is required.
4. Experience/training in emergency response and/or Process Hazards Analysis is a plus.
5. Basic computer skills (ex. Spreadsheets, word processing, database management) are essential.
6. CSP and/or CIH is a plus.
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar
Function: OCSE - Occupational Safety & Environmental
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NTU-Environment, Health & Safety
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with over 113,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide. We serve customers and...