Job Summary & Responsibilities
The team maintains and leverages a comprehensive understanding of the infrastructure environment, ensures that new infrastructure and applications are integrated with a high level of quality, consistency brings new technologies from Product Engineering closer to IT community and innovate cutting edge solutions for competitive advantage.
- Provide operational support of mission-critical UNIX environment, including monitoring, auditing and alert resolution as part of a global team
- Resolve cases escalated by the helpdesk and incident management teams
- Constantly evaluate current processes to increase operational efficiencies and manage risk in the environment
- Comfort with automated, large-scale environments.
- Solid UNIX administration and troubleshooting skills on Linux and Solaris. Red Hat Linux a plus.
- Hands-on familiarity technologies such as kernel mechanics, virtual memory, process lifecycles, DNS, NIS, LDAP, autofs, NFS, AFS, TCP/IP, jumpstart, kickstart.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies.
- Experience with enterprise-level change and incident management processes.
- Thorough understanding of SAN/NAS storage and associated protocols.
- Good scripting capability (e.g.: Perl, shell, Python).
- Strong command of English.
- Working knowledge of high-performance, highly-available computing environments and integration of technical products into complex environments. Financial Services/Enterprise experience is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, a team player, and be able work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard