Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
SQL Server / MySQL Database Administraor
Type of Position:
• BS degree in computer science or related field
• Active secret clearance or the ability to obtain one
• 7 years’ experience in IT
• 5-7 years of DBA experience with SQL Server
• 5-7 Years of DBA experience with MySQL
• 5-7 years development experience in SQL/PLSQL. Expertise in handling all core SQL functions is a must
• 3-5 years’ experience running SQLServer and MySQL in a virtualized environment (VMWare)
• strong verbal and written communication & status reporting skills
• Ability to deliver on commitments
• Experience with Single-Sign-On
• Experience on open security standards
• Competent to work on fairly complex systems analysis and programming assignments independently
URS Corporation - a FORTUNE 500 Company - is a fully integrated engineering and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. URS provides these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States, FORTUNE 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We have approximately 50,000 employees in a network of offices in more than 30 countries. The Company’s business is focused on four key market sectors: Federal, Infrastructure, Power, and Industrial & Commercial.
URS is looking for a SQL Server/ MySQL Database Administrator to join our team in Arlington, Virginia!
• Responsible for SQLServer and MySQL database administration in Windows, AIX and Linux environments for over 100 data bases in a variety of environments to include Development, Test, UAT, Production and Training.
• Responsible for SQLServer and MySQL database virtualization using VMWare
• Responsible for Database/Application Server troubleshooting and monitoring
• Expected to work independently with end-users and business partners to understand requirements and design & estimate solutions.
• Expected to represent the team at cross project technical meetings
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...