- Fort Wayne, IN---Glenbrook Mall, 01972
Job Title: Demo Specialist
Are your kitchen drawers or cabinets filled with cookbooks? Is your smartphone loaded with recipe apps? Is your DVR permanently set to record the Food Network or any reality TV cooking show? Do you like experimenting with new ingredients or recipes to impress your family and friends? Do you like teaching and being the center of attention? Well…being a Demo Specialist in our home neighborhood in the new jcp might be the position for you! Come be a part of a team that is changing the face of retail forever.
The Demo Specialist’s role is to prepare and perform product and/or cooking demonstrations in front of a customer audience to educate, engage, and inspire our customers to live, look, and eat better everyday.
• Prepares for demonstrations – You cook often and know how important food preparation is to delivering a superb dining experience. You gather the ingredients, you study the recipes, you inventory the products, and you create and maintain a clean cooking environment. Everything is always in order when you’re in the kitchen!
• Conducts demonstrations – You love to cook. You just do…You also like being the center of attention and talking in front of an audience to share your expertise. You make the infomercial talent look like amateurs when you are explaining a product or cooking process. No one is more engaging than you.
• Assists customers – You love helping customers find exactly what they need. When you are not actively conducting a demonstration, you are always approaching customers to find out what you can do to enrich their shopping and living experience within the home neighborhood.
• Maintains product presentation – You are always making adjustments to how the merchandise is displayed after the customer has taken time to explore all of our great products!
• Replenishes products – You’ve got your finger on the pulse of the customer; you know when merchandise is getting low and you know just where to get more to ensure all of our customers have the styles they need!
• Participates in a learning environment – You’re like a sponge ready to absorb new information from your peers or training materials on our merchandise, shops or business processes.
Skills and Characteristics:
• Passion for Cooking – You love to cook and try new things. The kitchen is your home and you live to make people happy with your creations!
• Product Knowledge – You are an expert when it comes to the details of any home product. Pots, pans, spices, mixers…doesn’t matter. You know it all.
• Engaging – You are not shy. Some people freeze up in a front of an audience, but not you. You are quite the entertainer and people love talking with you. You make them feel comfortable and like they’ve known you for years!
• Initiative – You are self-sufficient. You know exactly what needs to be done and when it needs to be done by to deliver the ultimate experience. No one needs to tell you twice (or even once for that matter).
• Detail Orientation – You are focused on the details. Nothing gets by you. There’s never been a “T” left un-crossed or an “i” un dotted when you are around.
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...