This position is responsible for managing the business and service linkages for commercial clients and maintaining the on-going Medica relationship with the employer/purchaser groups, and their brokers and consultants. This position requires the ability to build close business relationships with the client and brokers and to have varied capabilities and expertise in multiple IT applications, operational processes and Medica’s products. This role is self-directed in consultation and education with the client on all aspects of the Medica program including operational processes, commercial products, contract and regulatory compliance, and administrative service design. Also manages the effective, timely resolutions of escalated service issues.
This role will provide a consultative-type service approach and will be highly relationship based requiring strong interpersonal and influencing skills. This role will also provide leadership to the team that is responsible for a defined book of business, helping in the prioritization of work and the outcomes of service.
- Account management relationships
- Client and member education
- Case and benefits implementation and installation
- Operational collaboration
- Team effectiveness and leadership
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience at a senior level consultative role and relationship building
- Proven experience in providing consultative sales
- Experience in team collaboration and building teams
- Healthcare industry knowledge
- Insurance product knowledge
- Financial knowledge within healthcare preferred
State specific Life and Health Insurance License
- Exceptional relationship management skills including effective decision making
- Building and developing teams
- Strong interpersonal skills (listening, mentoring, motivating)
- Proven probelem-solving and conflict management capabilties
- Results focus
- Inspire confidence
- Demonstrated ability to focus a team and deliver financial results
- Internal operation capabilities
Serving more than 1.3 million members, Medica is a health insurance company headquartered in Minneapolis and active in the Upper Midwest....