THIS POSITION HAS A WORKING SCHEDULE OF 16-20 HOURS PER WEEK, INCLUDING EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS.
Participates in and schedules therapeutic groups, games, dances, parties, movies, shows, crafts, and related recreational/therapeutic activities in accordance to individual resident assessments. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Please note: this position is located in Southern New Jersey.
- Participating in and plans groups, games, dances, parties, movies, shows, crafts, picnics, and related recreational/therapeutic activities.
- Escorting residents to the areas in conformity with the approved activity schedule.
- Assisting in measures taken for care, custody, and safety of residents during individual and group activities.
- Providing activities to residents confined to their rooms that reflect life-long interests.
- Charting all related documentation to the Activities Department as required by applicable standards including assessments, status, and episodic notes, calendars and activity attendance log.
- Assisting in meal delivery and feeding of the residents during meal and snack times.
- Creating a monthly calendar for unit display and resident use by the first day of the month and posting calendars in resident rooms by the first of each month.
Experience and Skills
- Requires a high school diploma/GED
- Requires standing and/or walking for 6 hours out of an 8-hour day with lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must have good leadership skills / good interpersonal interactions.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Previous experience in an activity department in a long-term care setting preferred.
Built on more than a century of grace-filled service, Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey (LSMNJ) continues its mission as a...