To service customers by phone or in person through sales of heavy duty parts in accordance with identified customer needs and availability of parts in order to make a profit for FleetPride. Work requires substantial knowledge of items sold.
1. Help determine and obtain heavy duty parts for customers as requested by phone or in person. Suggest sale of related parts for full service.
2. Locate and obtain ordered part for customer from central warehouse or branch.
3. Determine sales price for customers for each sale in accordance with company procedure.
4. Handle warranty or defective parts for customers in accordance with company procedure.
5. Write up approved charge sale in accordance with company procedure
6. Special order parts on an emergency basis when necessary and appropriate.
7. Process approved credits for customer when merchandise is returned.
8. Maintain confidentiality of pricing lists and structures as required by company procedure.
9. Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and product features.
10. Provide customers with product catalogs.
11. Utilize non-selling, non-servicing time by studying catalogs, reviewing price sheets, bulletins, changes, additions, and deletions.
12. Ensure that counter parts area is clean and in order. Ensure that display areas encourage sales.
13. Ensure that product catalogs are current. Discard old ones and replace with new ones.
Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
Environmental / Physical Demands
Inside/Outside Conditions, Varied Temperature Changes, Minimal Chemical Hazards, Vibration, Dust, Vehicle Noise
OSHA approved steel toed safety shoes required from the first day of this job.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge level of Windows XP (excel, word and outlook)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in sales; sales of heavy-duty automotive parts preferred.
FleetPride - 17 months ago
For FleetPride, bigger is better. The company is one of the largest independent distributors of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the...