The Specialist Field Services Operations will be responsible for the management of 3 rd party vendor supported orders. These activities include but are not limited to, scheduling vendor dispatches, ensuring completion for work as defined in vendor SLAs, managing expedites/escalations, dispute resolution, vendor related issues, invoice auditing, financial management, recording/documenting “as built” information, etc.
In addition, the Specialist Field Services Ops will be responsible for providing process improvement recommendations both internally and externally. This position will partner with the Operations Manager to expand the reach, efficiencies, and stability of all 3 rd party supported activities.
1. Manages, tracks, oversees and coordinates installation activities performed by Field Ops 3 rd party vendors
2. Functions as first contact point for all vendor related issues. Leads efforts to research and resolve issues/concerns for installation, maintenance, and ordering services/activities with assigned internal and external customers. Monitors and follows through to ensure resolution of chronic support issues with partners/vendors and addresses problems regarding compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA).
3. Works with Field Services Operations Manager to manage accounting and finance-related functions such as: facilitating payment of vendor invoices, performing due-diligence to validate pricing for installation and maintenance, customer site validation, performing “receiving” function in PeopleSoft/financial system for all invoices deemed valid to route for payment to Accounts Payables team, maintain accurate records of invoices, both open and closed, resolving issues due to general fallout, i.e., business unit changes, closing/reducing P.O.s, researching invoices residing in “match exception” status in PeopleSoft.
4. Assists Management with process improvement; expedite and escalation activities as they relate to Vendor Management. Will also work with Field Vendors to assist in the coordination and scheduling of installs and identify/implement best practices.
5. Executes and manages equipment return process to ensure equipment and records are not left stranded for 3 rd party vendor supported orders.
6. Maintains current knowledge of new products and product enhancements. Ensures that processes, documentation, scripts, etc. are updated as needed for new product and product enhancements. Works with management to ensure Vendor agreements and SLA stay in line with new product activities.
7. Works with Field Services Engineers/Accounting in creation of purchase orders, closing/reducing purchase orders, ensuring capital and expensed projects are within budget constraints.
8. Responsible for maintaining Vendor tracking databases. Population of new locations, removing disconnects, change orders, etc. Responsible for ensuring that database is up to date and accurate at all times.
9. Other projects as assigned and in alignment with departmental/corporate objectives.
Associates degree in technical field (preferably telecom) or equivalent combination of applicable education and experience
At least four years experience in the Telecommunications industry or equivalent experience in Operations and/or Customer Service—Accounting background and/or working with external vendors highly desirable.
NOC Operations, provisioning, and maintenance services
Products, CPE Hardware, network services
Field Operations installation and maintenance activities
SONET, Ethernet and IP Networks
Basic Financials (Capital, Expense, Invoicing, POs, etc.)
Demonstrated skills in:
Ability to work independently or with limited assistance
Ability to manage a heavy workload
Trouble shooting skills
Problem solving & dispute resolution skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Excellent customer service skills
PC and word processing, spreadsheet, and communications software, preferably Microsoft Office
Verbal and written communication skills
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Every decision made at tw telecom concerning hiring, promotion, compensation, training, assignment of job responsibilities, termination, or any other aspect of the employment relationship is to be made without regard to any legally protected characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws. tw telecom strives for a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment, including but not limited to racial, sexual, ethnic or religious.
Thank you for your interest in tw telecom .
tw telecom inc., formerly Time Warner Telecom Inc., is a provider of managed network services, specializing in ethernet and data networking,...