As a key member of RMS Cloud Operations, the Senior Cloud Systems Administrator will be responsible for the installation, configuration, setup and ongoing operational support for all RMS hosted product offerings. This position interfaces with Software Development, QA, Product Management and other operations teams involved with product delivery.
Manage software and patches through the release process, including:
Operate software on the RMS cloud, notably:
- Ensure product readiness by working with product owners and developers
- Install, configure and validate software on the RMS cloud
- Transfer knowledge to other Operations Administrators through training
- Production of technical documentation
Support RMS hosting partners, including:
- Deploy and destroy cloud resources
- Provision new clients
- Support clients through ticket resolution
- Monitor application performance, security and usage
- Respond to incidents during working hours and off hours (when on call)
- Improve the platform through requirements to DevOps and Development
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Coordinate and provision physical equipment
- Work side by side at hosting locations with partners for training and knowledge transfer
Skills in any of the following areas would be beneficial:
- 5+ years experience Linux or Windows system administration
- 5+ years experience with IT/Network Support/Systems Administration experience.
- 3+ years experience with virtualization (VMWare preferred)
- Familiarity with various common Linux distributions (Ubuntu, RHEL, Gentoo, CentOS)
- Strong familarity with JBoss Java application server.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networks.
- Knowledge of Active Directory based LDAP authentication
- Experience with perl, SSH, bash shell, Puppet / Chef
Business Skills Requirements:
- Web Servers: Apache 2.0, Tomcat, IIS
- Data Warehouse Tools: Microstrategy, Informatica
- Scripting languages: Python, Powershell, Perl, Shell scripts or other language
- Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Zenoss, Splunk
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Atlassian Confluence and Jira products helpful
- Passionate, hard-worker, team player, willingness to contribute in multiple areas.
- Strong sense of pride in workmanship.
- Creative problem solver and self-starter.
- Patience and dedication when working with clients, vendors, and internal teams
- Excellent customer service skills with a professional demeanor
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Moderate travel may be required
Transforming the insurance industry's understanding and quantification of risk.
RMS delivers the world's leading catastrophe risk models in...