General preparation and serving of assigned hot menu items, the cleanliness and organization of workstation. Must develop a sense of color and detail, as most of the work is oriented toward eye appeal as well as taste while caring enough to do it well by adhering to the Sanctuary Commitments.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Skills / Requirements
- Assist in preparing items in assigned area, following designated recipes and production sheets.
- Assist in the break down and cleaning of station at the end of a meal and the end of a shift.
- Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
- Maintain high level of sanitation, organization and cleanliness.
- Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept. regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e. approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temperatures etc.).
- Give proper use and care to equipment furnished by the resort.
- Be familiar with the resort guidelines and procedures, and act accordingly.
- Always project a positive attitude and a spirit of teamwork. Respect the priorities of others.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef and/or Cook I.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Need basic kitchen experience.
- Current Food Handler's Card.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work long hours standing in one area and in extreme heat to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Willingness to learn, ability to follow directions and develop own skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Must be able to work quickly and safely.
- Must be able to consistently deliver high quality product quickly and while under pressure.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Good communication skills, able to manage and motivate people.
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort and Spa - 2 years ago