We are currently seeking a Sr. Underwriting
Assistant to join our International Marine Underwriter group in Canton, MA. This
job provides advanced technical services and support for OneBeacon Inland Marine
1) Demonstrates working knowledge of OneBeacon rating, policy
processing and work tracking systems and procedures to develop premium
quotations and policy contracts.
2) Analyzes applications and translate the information as required by system or
3) Effectively use OneBeacon policy writing and workflow management systems to
process policy transactions following underwriting instructions and authority
guidelines. Utilizes on-line resources to facilitate transaction
processing, such as endorsements. 4) Responds to inquiries from producers
regarding rating systems, methods, procedures, status of work and reinstatement
requests in a prompt and accurate manner.
5) Demonstrates the ability to use manual rating methods, as required.
6) Takes initiative to acquire additional insurance knowledge by enrolling in
industry related courses and programs.
7) Maintains a quality ratio that meets or exceeds established standards
8) Manages processing of transactions to meet or exceed corporate service
9) Obtains worker’s compensation bureau rate mods and apply as
10) Responds to inquires by underwriters regarding rates, rating and policy
issuance systems, methods, procedures, and status of transactions.
11) Performs training of Underwriting Assistants I as needed.
12) Responsible for understanding new segments and coverage’s as they are
Demonstrated proficiency with copier, facsimile, phone, and computer
software including current Windows operating system, Microsoft Office, Microsoft
Outlook, and other data entry applications and programs. Spelling and
grammatical skills of at least a high school level are required. Must be able to
communicate effectively and professionally with company personnel and customers,
and exhibit technical competence and good judgment. Time management,
flexibility to change, and ability to focus for long periods of time is
Education and Experience:
High School diploma required, with demonstrated experience. The
ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of commercial insurance
OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. is a
Bermuda-domiciled holding company that is publicly traded on the New York Stock
Exchange under the symbol “OB.” OneBeacon’s underwriting
companies offer a range of specialty insurance products sold through independent
agencies, regional and national brokers, wholesalers and managing general
agencies. Each business is managed by an experienced team of specialty insurance
professionals focused on a specific customer group or industry segment.
OneBeacon’s solutions target professional liability; ocean and inland
marine; entertainment, sports and leisure; excess property; environmental; group
accident; programs; public entities; commercial surety; technology; and tuition
refund. For further information about our products and services visit:
remain up to date on OneBeacon’s news, follow us on Twitter @OneBeaconIns
or visit our online newsroom:
OneBeacon Insurance - 12 months ago