Job Description |
Are you looking for a field sales position that is both satisfying and highly rewards you for performance? Then Merial may be just the company you’re seeking to join. We are a dynamic and fast-paced market leader in companion animal veterinary parasiticides, pharmaceuticals, and vaccines. Our category leading brands such as FRONTLINE® and HEARTGARD®, IMRAB® and PUREVAX® give our representatives broad access to veterinary practices where the focus is to drive sales and market share growth of Merial’s entire portfolio of companion animal products. Skilled sales professionals that can influence veterinarians and their staff to join together in driving growth use the comprehensive training and industry leading in-clinic resources and programs provided to exceed objectives. Our top performers view their territories as their business franchise. Merial Companion Animal Sales Representatives participate in an outstanding pay for performance compensation plan. The compensation plan is uncapped and includes salary, commissions and bonuses. Additionally, Merial offers outstanding employee benefits and career growth opportunities.
The Sales Representative (SR) is expected to perform his/her responsibilities in generating sales, market share and profitability results for the assigned territory, with appropriate direction. Accomplishment of sales objectives, to support attainment of district and regional/ business unit performance objectives is the key measurement for this position.
Development of market, customer, and industry knowledge along with further development of technical product knowledge is imperative. Effective utilization and management of internal and external resources is expected. Perform customer/consumer training meetings and support convention and professional association business building opportunities.
1. Responsible for sales of specified products in territory assigned, within the framework of Merial policies.
2. Contacts face to face or via meetings all A & B customers/consumers and potential customers/consumers as needed to build/maintain necessary rapport to achieve leading dose and dollar volume shares of Merial products.
3. Completes all territory objectives including achieving sales Plan while operating within specified expense budget.
4. Provides key leadership role and guidance for Sales Agent Representatives in the territory.
5. Keeps current territory records concerning activities; communicates timely, accurately and meaningfully with District Manager and others as required utilizing computer, voice mail, written and phone communications resources effectively.
6. Regularly updates current product information to maintain a knowledgeable and accurate level as needed for position fulfillment.
7. Responsible for knowing available territory markets, market potentials, and keeping current on changes that are taking place in these markets.
8. Demonstrates awareness of importance of building a strong image for self, products and Company.
9. Conducts self in manner befitting this awareness by maintaining trade and professional relations consistent with the strategic objectives of Merial.
10. Acts as key liaison with local veterinary medical associations and other business and professional associations in the territory.
Bachelor’s degree /equivalent required and related experience a plus. Must demonstrate an aptitude and desire to sell, gain market and service knowledge and demonstrate the ability to learn technical product knowledge. Key competencies include interpersonal skills, drive, resilience, teamwork, organization skills and strong verbal and written communication skills. Credible persuasive skills are of paramount importance to initiate and close sales. Strong presentation abilities and computer skills essential.
Due to tracking regulations, only resumes submitted directly via OneMERIAL for internal employees, and Merial.com/Careers for external applicants, can be considered.
To all recruitment firms: Merial does not accept agency/search firm referrals for this posting, or other postings, without prior written permission from Merial Human Resources. Merial is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Merial keeps animals merry. The company makes a variety of drugs and vaccines that treat and prevent disease in pets, livestock, and...