Hubbell Lighting, headquartered in Greenville, SC, is a core business platform of Hubbell Incorporated. The platform supplies a comprehensive range of indoor and outdoor lighting products to industrial, commercial and institutional applications and is the largest manufacturer of residential lighting fixtures in North America.
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Design Engineer for an exceptional engineering team to develop and maintain the most innovative and reliable line of Central Lighting and UPS Inverter solutions for the North American market. You will have the unique opportunity to design an extensive range of electrical systems needed for emergency power generation using DC /AC inverters ranging from 100VA to 20kVA.
- Design new products and make improvements to existing inverter and backup power products
- Provide Electrical engineering support to New Product Development (NPD) and Value Engineering Analysis (VEA) teams
- Responsible for research and development of new electronic technologies used in central lighting inverters, UPS systems, and battery pack type emergency power products
- Develop and maintain test specifications and work with manufacturing to implement and debug production test systems
- Ability to lead New Product Development (NPD) teams to deliver new products per established parameters, including performance, budget and schedule
- Design and evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability
- Work with marketing, engineering, sourcing, and the production staff at various facilities to ensure that all projects meet internal and external customer requirements, including performance, schedule and budget
- Request and evaluate testing (thermal, photometric, rain, dust) as needed for third party certification (UL, CSA, etc.)
- Masters of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferable but not required
- Minimum of 5 (+) years experience in engineering, preferably in emergency lighting or UPS power conversion
- Analog and power design experience with switch mode AC/DC and DC/DC converters, inverters, power supplies, battery chargers and transformers
- Demonstrated experience in the design of magnetic devices such as transformers and inductors
- Demonstrated skills with power electronics simulation tools such as Matlab and PSPICE
- Knowledge and experience with noise immunity, power control theory, troubleshooting and EMI filter design
- Familiar with high speed digital design with microprocessors and DSPs
- Proficient in the use of Schematic Capture and PCB layout software
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong conceptual design and creative skills
- Low volume, high mix manufacturing experience a plus.
- Travel occasionally required, mostly within North America
- Relocation assistance to South Carolina may be provided
EEO AA: M/F/D/V
Hubbell Incorporated - 18 months ago
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and...