Summary / Overall Purpose of Position:|
The incumbent is responsible for maintaining enrollment, membership, demographic information, and billing records of members eligible for company and direct pay products and/or services. Respond to written and telephone inquiries regarding membership and billing. The incumbent verifies rates and premiums; as well as calculates refunds and adjustments based on membership maintenance activities. Reconciles premium received to correct accounts enabling claims to process. This position reviews applications and membership documents for completeness and accuracy. Initiates written and verbal contact to resolve problems and obtains information through various internal and external sources such as accounts, subscribers, third-party administrators, insurance companies or internal departments. The position is responsible for generating various reports of membership activities, and validating information for correct creation of identification cards.
1. One (1) year college level Accounting/Bookkeeping or two (2) years equivalent experience in accounting.
2. Ability to reconcile accounts as demonstrated with previous accounting, bookkeeping or other adjustment required duties.
3. One (1) year experience that demonstrates professional telephone communication skills.
4. Demonstrated 40 wpm typing or 197.5 (kpm).
5. Above average organizational skills required, as evidenced in prior positions held.
6. Above average analytical and problem solving skills as demonstrated through prior positions held or course work.
7. Must be flexible with working habits and function well under pressure as demonstrated through prior positions held.
8. One (1) year of bookkeeping or billing experience.
9. Above average verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated through prior positions held.
10. Must be regularly available and willing to work the job positions work schedule, and any overtime hours as deemed necessary by management.
Highmark has staked its claim as the largest health insurer in the Keystone state. A licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association,...