The position includes preparing patients for the provider visit by ascertaining the medical problem needing attention,recording the patients allergies, tobacco use, alcohol use and past medical and family history. Other duties include injections, phone and walk-in triage, and assisting providers with procedures. Patient education and patient counseling are integral aspects of the job. Provides documentation and correspondence regarding lab results.
- Washington State Licensed Practice Nurse license
- Recent experience working with young adult and adolescent patients
- Possession of a current CPR card
- Possession of, or eligible for, blood borne pathogen training. Must possess within 90 days of employment.
- Recent experience working with a young adult ambulatory setting
- Experience working in a university/college medical facility
The work environment is in a medical clinic and requires standing and walking the majority of the hours worked.
- Direct patient contact: prepare patients to be seen by a provider; obtain vital signs including O2 saturation; record chief complaint and a brief history of the presenting problem, past medical history, allergies, current medication; reviews immunizations; and obtain peek flow measurements.
- Assist practitioners during medical exams, diagnostic studies and therapeutic procedures.
- Set up equipment for nebulizer treatments.
- Administer, under the direction of a medical provider oral, intramuscular and rectal medications.
- Consult with other staff members.
- Participate in medical and clinic meetings.
- Assist the Counseling staff regarding questions or concerns and facilitating referrals between Counselors and Medical Providers.
- Chart and maintain medical records.
- Protect patient confidentiality.
- Notify patients regarding their lab results and documentation of the notification.
- Maintain a current CPR training and OSHA required blood born pathogen training
- Medication and supply control as need, checking freight checking and distributing as needed.
- Exam room and supply preparation.
- Onset laundry duties as need for clinic function.
- Follow up on Fall safe reports and help patients with obtaining a timely medical appointment
- Check e-mail as need for University purposes.
- Assist others within the clinic as needed.
- Assist with patient transfers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Central Washington University - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard