Summary of Job Function
Process invoices for assigned areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Organize vendor invoices and vendor statements
2. Match invoices to PO or other receiving documents
3. Scan invoices and other relevant documents into document retrieval system
4. Post invoices into the computer financial accounting system, timely and accurately
5. Peer edits of journals
6. Generate accounts payable and refund checks
7. Close and post accounts payable periods
8. Reconcile vendor statements
9. Research and resolve customer discrepancies
10. Maintain good communication with vendors
11. Review and audit expense reports to insure compliance with company policies
12. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned from time to time
External contacts (Interactions required to perform the position)
Internal contacts (ongoing interactions required to perform responsibilities)
Rig Managers, Drilling Managers, Area Managers and other employees responsible for reviewing, coding and approving invoices
Education, experience and other qualifications required to perform the job function
Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school is preferred. Three plus years’ hands-on AP experience in a large volume environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with an accounting system that utilizes Purchase Orders Excellent computer skills, including EXCEL, as they relate to AP input and related reporting Detail oriented and high degree of accuracy Basic math skills Able to work in a team environment
Environment is that of a general office. Ability to sit and operate PC for significant periods of time. Bending and some light lifting.