We are looking for talented, motivated, and experienced Linux kernel engineers. Your role is to develop Linux kernel BSP and driver code for the Qualcomm MSM architecture. This includes coding, testing, debugging, upstream submission, and power/performance optimization. You will work with various internal cross-functional teams as well as open source projects and mailing lists.
This position is with Qualcomm's fully-owned subsidiary, the Qualcomm Innovation Center (QuIC). QuIC is focused entirely on open source software development. In particular, QuIC will concentrate on Linux and Android software code development and will actively participate in the open source community.
* 3+ years of experience with embedded Linux software development preferred
* knowledge and experience with Linux device drivers, filesystems, SMP, and network stacks
* excellent C programming skills, experience with ARM assembly and/or scripting languages is a plus
* strong debugging skills, experience with Linux kernel debug tools and JTAG is preferred
* experience using git for development; patch/tree management is a plus
* experience with ARM processors and/or embedded software development on mobile devices
* excellent communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
* independent and motivated problem solver
Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Billions, maybe trillions of times a day…
That’s how often people around the world touch something made better by Qualcomm....