As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
General Dynamics has an opening for a Business Objects System Administrator (BOS) that will provide extremely high-level subject matter proficiency for work on the Business Objects Enterprise and Data Services Platform. BOS will provide advanced knowledge and analysis of Business Objects 4.0 application installation and configuration experience. BOS will provide expertise on installing, configuring, and troubleshooting middleware on servers. Will provide an in-depth understanding of the Business Objects 4.0 Security model including experience with the audit database and reporting. Basic triage capabilities of network interface devices, understanding of DNS, TCP/IP Experience and understanding of standard application of development life-cycle-management. Writes detailed description of installation/system administrator/user manuals as required.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
2. Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
3. Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
4. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
5. Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
6. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related software development experience.
Demonstrated experience managing Java API for Business Objects Enterprise.
The ideal candidate will have experience installing/configuring/managing/maintaining Business Objects Enterprise and experience installing, configuring, managing Business Objects Data Services. Experience with Business objects Mobility is a preferred.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...