Summary of Key Responsibilities:|
Technical Skills Required:
- Implement SQL Server best practices and design across the global datacenters
- Ensure Backups, Mirrors and Cluster services are running optimally
- Evaluate database architecture and make tuning adjustments to improve customer experience proactively, and provide feedback to engineering teams
- Create a SQL Performance warehouse to track customer Metadata and performance metrics and provide alerting mechanisms..
- Work with the operations team to conduct scheduled maintenance and enhancements to the platform
- Monitor operations of central computing resources for performance optimization.
- Diagnose, as appropriate, complex systems issues with multiple influencing factors.
- 8+ years of experience in MS SQL Server 2000/MS SQL Server 2005/MS SQL Server 2008, including SQL Server operations, configuration and tuning, backup and recovery, transaction log management, cluster configuration, maintenance, performance tuning, indexes, and SQL query optimization.
- 10+ years with Microsoft Windows.
- 2+ years supporting SQL servers on Virtualization platforms.
- Experience supporting large multi-terabyte databases.
- Familiar with tuning concepts and proven experience tuning OLTP systems.
- Experience with multi-tenant and hosted environments.
- Experience with NOSQL solutions (Mongo) and MYSQL a plus.
- Experience with Cloud Computing a plus.
- Familiarity with ITIL and DEVOPs concepts.
- Knowledge of VMWare ESX 3.5 and 4.0.
- Experience in systems programming and general scripting tasks (Powershell, VBScript, Perl, Ruby, etc).
- Knowledge of Security concepts.
Moxie Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Functional and Technical knowledge
- Strong Customer focus
- Strong organization skills
- Quick learner & adaptable to change
- Bachelors degree required or equivalent experience
Moxie Software Inc - 17 months ago