Opportunity to join a fast growing ISO certified manufacturing company supplying products for Railroad, Transportation and Construction industries – We are seeking a Materials Manager with 5+ years of Procurement, Production and Inventory Control experience in a fast-paced, hands-on, team-based steel fabrication, assembly and machine shop. The ideal candidate will have raw materials purchasing, inventory management and supply chain experience.
- Purchasing of industrial materials, negotiating with suppliers to meet specification, pricing, quality and delivery requirements
- Materials planning and scheduling to help ensure on-time and on-budget shipments to customers
- Inventory control, management and tracking to optimize inventory levels of raw materials and consumables and meet minimum and maximum levels
- Supply chain management and control
- 3-5 years purchasing experience in industrial machining, fabrication and assembly job shop / contract manufacturing environment
- Technical understanding of specifications and materials with ability to read drawings and communicate with mechanical engineers
- Experience using ERP / MRP / Shop Control Manufacturing Systems a plus
- Sound analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Relevant and current industry knowledge of materials, suppliers, pricing and capabilities
- Ability to lead and contribute to cross-functional project teams
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.