At Michaels, you'll find associates who are enthusiastic and passionate about their work, people development and arts & crafts. As a world-class retailer, we are always looking for the brightest, most creative and most talented people to join our team. We offer unparalleled career opportunities for our associates, flexible work schedules, comprehensive benefits packages, competitive base pay, vacation and retirement plans. Create your career now as we are seeking qualified candidates for a Store Manager .
STORE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Michaels Store Manager is responsible for overall management of the store. The Store Manager executes company policies, procedures and programs required to manage a Michaels store and meet or exceed sales and gross margin goals.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Sales Management
- Policies & Procedures
- Training/Store Communication
- Supervision of Operations
- Sales Floor Presentation
- Inventory Control
- Gross Margin/Loss Prevention
- Controllable Expenses/Income
- Direct Supervision of total store and Customer Service
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
Michaels is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital status, or any other basis protected by State, Federal or Local law.
- Currently a Store Manager, Co-Manager or Assistant Store Manager for a large store (Big Box) retailer.
- Currently a Store Manager for a national retailer in a specialty store format.
- Minimum 3 years retail management experience.
- Experience in a multi-million dollar retail store in a mass merchandising environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to retail throughout career.
Michaels - 14 months ago