Spread Your Wings
We are the duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community, and most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all ... The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for the fourteenth consecutive year in January 2012 and as one of America's Most Admired Companies for the eleventh year in March 2012.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself—are you the duck? If so, there’s a home—and a flourishing career—for you at Aflac.
It’s not what you can do; it’s what you will do. At Aflac IT, we get things done. As the support behind Aflac’s corporate operations, sales force, and business partners, Aflac IT employees not only benefit from this philosophy, but help carry it out. Just as Aflac has changed the insurance industry, Aflac IT will forever alter the way health care benefits reach people who need them most. And that’s something we can all be proud of.
Develop, maintains, and integrates application software, related project management activity, and production support; works closely with internal and external clients, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements; Develops and integrates application software, including unit testing and implementation efforts; continues to maintain and support software implementation.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Works on multiple projects at a time as a member of each project team
- Works on small and large, moderately complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and disciplines; participates on one or more project teams, application analysis, design, development, integration and enhancement activities, as well as related maintenance and production support
- Works with project teams to define and design scope for each project
- Provides team leadership peers and developers
- Participates in project planning sessions with clients, business analysts, and team members to analyze development requirements and make recommendations for moderate to complex systems
- Tests and implements application modules from multiple systems the team has developed or modified, ensuring application meets the needs of client and business
- Provides ongoing maintenance of mainframe and/or client/server applications or tools, depending upon previous involvement with projects
- Handles production support within their area of expertise and supports issues referred to them by developers or managers
- Provides design recommendations, developing and integrating programs per written specifications; occasionally responsible for writing moderate to complex design specifications
- Makes moderate to complex modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications and division standards
- Develops software application modules using disciplined software development processes; makes recommendations towards the development of object oriented base class reuse
- Translates business and technical requirements into detailed design specifications for application code and modules.
- Prepares and presents status updates on various projects
- On-call duties required as needed
- Performs other duties as required
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in programming/systems or computer science (preferred), specialized training, certification, and at least two or more years of programming experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft MCSD (Certified Solutions Developer) (preferred only for Distributed Developers)
- Requires experience and understanding of a multiple programming languages and applicable applications.
Action Oriented, Adaptability, Customer Service, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening
Aflac is known for treating our employees exceptionally well. As one of the leaders in the insurance industry, we’re able to offer one of the most comprehensive health benefits packages available in corporate America, including free coverage from one of our pioneering insurance products, the Aflac Cancer policy. Our employees also enjoy a host of other benefits, including advancement opportunities, opportunities for continued education and professional development, merit increases and performance bonuses, profit-sharing 401(k), pension, stock purchase plans, and many more.
Aflac - 2 years ago
Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, Aflac...