Reporting to the Vice President of Information Technology, the Chief Information Officer, the Health Information Management Director coordinates and directs the day-to-day and long term operations of the department. Also, works collaboratively on health information exchange initiatives and activities.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management
· Certification as Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
· Substantial knowledge and experience of information privacy laws, records access, records release, and release control technologies
· 4-6 years experience in a hospital information management setting
· Significant experience in administrative and staff management
· Knowledge of information systems and healthcare applications as well as database applications and report-writing software
· Knowledge in and the ability to apply the principles of HIM, project management, and change management.
· Effectively communicates with diverse customer base using oral and written communication skills: ability to recognize, anticipate, and respond to the needs of customers and coworkers
· Strong organizational skills; works well with frequent interruptions;
Regional West is one of just three Level II Trauma Centers in Nebraska, as verified by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma...