ACI Worldwide, Inc. is a global provider of electronic payments solutions for the world's top financial institutions, retailers and payment processors serving more than 800 customers in 88 countries. Customers rely on ACI software and services to deliver reliable, scalable and secure payment services every second every day. ACI has an exciting opportunity for a Sr Database Administrator to join our team in Omaha , NE or Waltham, MA .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Databases drive the performance of the technology soluti ons that underpin our business. To work in this fast paced, dynamic and demanding environment candidate must be exceptional with strong administrative and architecture database skills with MS Sql Server and Oracle technology. We leverage Windows 2005 and 2008 R2 running SQL 2008, 2008 R2, and upgrading to 2012. Current environment includes stand alone, future clustered, multi-site Golden Gate replication and virtual environments for all facets of the business in UAT and Production . The business environments include highly volatile OLTP VLRDBMS, Hybrid databases with historical based BI data warehouse using database table partitioning
Minimum Requirements Needed:
- Provides high level technical and operational database administration with Oracel and Microsoft SQL Server
- Installs, maintains, and develops, implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security, availability and integrity of the company database environments.
- Ensures sound data models supporting application requirements
- Provides analysis and definitions of technical standards related to database resources
- Provides analysis and design function for new and existing systems
- Provides optimization analysis, design and quality audits
- Applies knowledge in the area of physical database design, performance, tuning, backup and recovery procedures in order to resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, Golden Gate replication, and other distributed data issues
- Implements extraction and purge procedures, database designs, data access and table maintenance cod es with custom automation tools
- Other tasks as assigned.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years database administration experience
- Experience supporting databases and applicati ons with Oracle
- Experience in database and application performance tuning and capacity planning
- Working as an active member of a database administration team in large enterprise IT environments
- Experience guiding other database administrators, their tasks and schedules, in 7x24 production environments
- Experience defining and enforcing enterprise database standards and processes
- Strong knowledge and experience with computer hardware including Servers, Network, SAN technologies, I/O subsystems and virtualization technologies that are related to databases
- Project leadership and management
- Mentorship experience
- Experience resolving complex database performance issues
- Must work well independently while simultaneously being a strong team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) are necessary to achieve project-oriented goals.
In return for your expertise, we offer challenge, opportunity, and an excellent compensation and benefits package in a casual environment. Once you experience ACI , you’ll agree there is no better place to work. To apply visit our web site at www.aciworldwide.com and use job code 4706 BR .
- Knowledge of full system development life cycles and methodologies
- Working knowledge on EMC storage, server and HP virtualization technologies that are related to databases
- Ability to understand and apply new emerging database technologies to existing environments
- Strong systems design skills
- Ability to develop stored procedures and database triggers in support of software development
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex and difficult technical issues
- Participate in software development projects and be responsible for the database architecture, an exceptional understanding of Database Architecture principles
- Ability to provide technical leadership in coaching and mentoring team partners
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while still making timely and quality decisions
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Monster - 20 months ago