Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
We are currently hiring a full time Simulation Center Specialist to work in our new Simulation Center.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Maintain and update simulation center equipment and supplies needed to perform educational activities.
- Oversee and assist with operation and usage of computers, high and low fidelity manikins, procedural skills trainers, virtual reality trainers, AV equipment, & related operating software.
- Maintain technical expertise for operation and trouble-shooting of all simulation center equipment.
- Assist with design, implementation and evaluation of simulation courses to ensure quality education experiences.
- Teach adjunct faculty and learners how to use and care for simulation equipment appropriately during educational sessions.
- Identify & implement opportunities for improvement and innovation in the Simulation Center.
- Act in accordance with the ISEC policies and procedures, and enforces them when necessary.
- Perform operational management as needed, including scheduling, documentation, communications, record keeping, and data management & reporting.
- Assist with accreditation processes and research studies.
- Maintain data security and confidentiality in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, current literature, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in simulation and gaming.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Work Experience:
- Background in computer use, set up, trouble shooting and maintenance of technology equipment and / or manikins
- Experience with simulation technology.
- Experience with multimedia equipment and digital audiovisual technology and production
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Health professions degree or experience
- Experience with healthcare simulation technology
- Previous teaching experience in health professions
- 2 or more years in technology related field
- Organization and project management experience
- Video processing & editing experience
- Ability to improvise, adapt to highly dynamic environments, and learn new skills
- Demonstrates proficiency with Windows.
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our employees to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change and seeks continuous growth. Employees must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.
Hennepin County Medical Center - 11 months ago
Hennepin County Medical Center is a nationally recognized Level 1 Adult Trauma Center and Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center with the largest e...