HP is looking for the highly motivated and Customer oriented agent who will be focused on continuous operations improvement plans within the ongoing delivery, but also on Customer specific projects and change management of the Redhat Linux operating system of several Customer servers.
The main goal is to minimize the amount of unplanned downtimes in the customer's production environment and to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction as well as deliver the project work on time and in efficient way.
On top of mentioned there will be challenging project work on Customer related project within the huge consolidation programs. He/she will work in close relationship with the deep technical support team and project leaders who will coordinate all the actions for the Customer
- Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design solution to the problem as identified by the Project/Technical Manager. Often responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Is often the Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise technology solutions.
- Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of specific technical solutions to the customer. Provides a team structure conducive to high performance, and manages the team lifecycle stages.
- Coordinates implementation of new installations, designs, and migrations for technology solutions in one of the following work domains: networks, applications or platforms.
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on proposal efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions. Provides input to HP strategy moving forward.
- Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements. Responds to requests for technical information from customers. Develops customer technology solutions using various industry
- products and technologies.
- Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
- Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project). Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes significant knowledge to job family community.
- Proactively encourages membership and contributions of others to professional community and coaches others in area of expertise. Regularly produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service delivery kit components and modules, etc. Presents at multi-customer technology conferences.
- Creates and supports sales activities. Manages bids, or major input into the sales lifecycle. Manages activities and provides qualitative and quantitative information for successful sales. Produces complete proposals for smaller engagements within area of expertise. Actively grows HP portfolio with existing customers through new opportunities and change management. Assists with multiple customers. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Sustained and consistent contribution at the work group level.
Education and Experience Required:
8+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (11+ years in total).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design and scope multiple deliverables across a number of technologies.
- Has demonstrated innovation and communication of new deliverables and offerings. Has led team in the delivery of multiple deliverables across multiple technologies.
- Ability to develop solutions that enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of a particular customer’s enterprise. Has contributed to the design and application of new tools. Ability to re-use existing experience to develop new solutions to take to market.
- Possesses an understanding, at a detailed level, of architectural dependencies of technologies in use in the customer’s Information Technology (IT) environment. Frequently uses product and application knowledge along with internals or architectural knowledge to develop solutions. A recognized expert in one or more technologies within own technical community and also at regional level. Holds a vendor or industry certification in at least one discipline area.
- Able to communicate with internal and external senior management confidently and demonstrate the professionalism of the job family.
- Ability to work in a multi technology environment with the ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause. In addition to troubleshooting skills and consulting skills, has ability to summaries prognosis and impact at practice lead level. Ability to adapt a consulting style appropriate to the situation and can identify up-sell opportunities.
- Be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns whilst maintaining depth in core focus area.
- Ability to present within own area of expertise as part of a customer sales presentation, putting forward domain-specific information within the context of an HP sales campaign. Has demonstrated ability to lead others in the gathering of requirements, designs, plans and estimates. Able to produce complete proposals for smaller engagements within own area of expertise.
- Demonstrates broad knowledge in other technical areas in order to properly manage complex integration efforts. Demonstrates application of technical expertise in successful engagements involving multiple disciplines.
- Able to independently complete solution implementation or application design deliverables.
- Able to manage a team of consultants in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverable.
- Excellent in Redhat Linux
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Practical experience in Linux/Solaris/HP-UX at least in one of mentioned OS as administration
- Very good communications skills (to HP end customer), both verbal and written
- Analytical problem-solving and root cause analysis skills
- Team player
- Service oriented behavior and communication to internal and external contacts
- Fluent in English
Project special needs:
- Good understanding of high availability environments,
- Experience in Backup environments and knowledge in HP Data protector,
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Redhat Linux platform / installation / configuration / troubleshooting - Advanced knowledge.
- Experience with TS support, 2nd level support, Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management
- Maintenance - advanced knowledge
- Data migration - advanced knowledge
- Scripting / command line scripts - intermediate level of knowledge
Configuring, installing and troubleshooting Redhat Linux
1. Linux Expertise (RHEL 5 experience needed) (RHEL 6 experience wanted)
2. Familiar with HP hardware (HP-BLADE Offerings, DL-380s, DL-580s, etc…)
3. VMWare expertise
4. SAN support (EMC) expertise from Linux
Canada, United States-New Jersey-Pennington
Jul 9, 2013
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA. HP got...