The qualified candidate will be responsible for installing, tuning and maintaining SQL Server and DB2 database engines. The candidate must be knowledgeable in database engine configuration and performance tuning, database security, analyzing query performance, database reorganization, log management and backup and recovery methods.
- Install and manage SQL Server and DB2 database engines.
- Ensure normal backup and reorganization procedures are defined and executed.
- Administer database security.
- Tune database engine performance.
- Assist in data modeling.
- Monitor system alerts.
- Troubleshoot performance and stability problems.
- Maintain data models and engine configuration documents.
- Assist developers in the design and performance of SQL queries.
- Understand and implement advanced engine features for both autonomics and performance.
- Compliance with and maintenance of DBA procedures and Best Practices.
- Second Level Help Desk support for database requests.
- Participate in an on call rotation about 9 times per year.
- Implementing and managing High Availability and Replication technologies.
- Enforce, test and maintain controls for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Install application upgrades as 2nd Level support for Release Management.
- Occasional travel by car and air to WRBC sites and off-site training, roughly 4 times per year.