Provides strategic and operational leadership of all aspects of Hypertherm’s in-house marketing communications team. This team is responsible for collaborating with internal clients to develop and maintain corporate, business team and regional team websites, sales tools and marketing materials for use worldwide.
Through the areas of website development, graphic design, production design, and logistics, the team is focused on developing and delivering highly effective marketing communications materials that meet customer needs and help achieve desired business objectives.
Provides expertise in the area of marketing communications design and development; provides expertise in digital communications strategy and tactics; manages an annual operating budget; provides strong leadership to associates; evaluates and manages external agencies; and has ultimate responsibility for relationships with many internal client teams.
- Develops a high-performing team that consistently achieves corporate and client objectives and team definitions of success.
- Sets overall team vision, strategy, and yearly operating plan and budget. Projects capacity and builds the business case for resources as needed. Prioritizes and allocates resources to meet client and team objectives.
- Ensures that corporate identity system and communications tools are consistent with Hypertherm strategy, value proposition and brand attributes; are appropriate for the markets we serve; are differentiated in the market; and that we achieve the desired level of global consistency in their usage.
- Works with internal clients, including business teams, regional teams and functional teams, and identifies and manages external agencies in order to achieve defined business and communications goals.
- Develops and executes digital communications strategy, including primary responsibility for corporate website strategy. Provides guidance on digital campaigns, social networking and other forms of digital communications for corporate and client teams.
- Is responsible for the development of all corporate marketing communications.
- Provides thought leadership in the area of marketing communications strategy and tactics. Ensures that team has resources and capabilities needed for a changing global communications environment.
- Participates in the Marketing Steering Team, proactively sharing relevant information and engaging the group in discussion to help achieve marketing and business goals.
- Is the “brand champion” in the areas of corporate identity, visual design, and tone of written and visual material, regardless of medium or global location. Is a permanent member of the Brand Steering Team with responsibility for creating alignment between global branding decisions and corporate identity standards, corporate marketing communications, product marketing, and regional marketing.
- Consistently meets or exceeds Hypertherm’s expectations for leaders, including creating and managing personal plans, managing budgets, and developing associates.
- Bachelors degree
- 7-10 years of client- or agency-side experience leading teams of web developers and creative teams.
- Continuing education in marketing communications tactics, such as digital strategies, the changing role of print communications, etc.
- Digital communications expertise, both strategic and tactical
- Successful track record as a manager of global brand assets and of the development of global marketing communications tools and campaigns that meet business objectives.
- Ability to objectively evaluate creative work
- Knowledge of best practices in developing and managing a corporate identity system and corporate marketing communications
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Expertise in B2B marketing, in particular marketing of industrial capital equipment and related products.
- Understanding of the worldwide metal cutting market, Hypertherm’s strategy, competitive set, and corporate and product line value propositions. (preferred)
Hypertherm - 10 months ago
From the beginning, Hypertherm established itself as the innovator in plasma cutting technology. In fact, Hypertherm was the first plasma...