As an Application Developer at Milgard your primary responsibility will be to convert customer requirements into creative software solutions that drive business value. To accomplish this successfully will require exceptional communication and technical skills.
In your role you will be directly involved in the analysis of systems requirements, design of specific solutions to business problems, and provide daily support for released software modules. This includes leading and coordinating efforts of cross-functional business and system development teams where scope of work encompasses multiple components of requirements gathering, input into design considerations, quality assurance, and production implementation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Critical thinking, including creative development skills, good requirements gathering capabilities, and proven problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze, design and support platforms related to web and client-server architectures.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and request/accept direction when needed.
- Demonstrated experience in taking initiative and showing a sense of urgency to get work completed on-time.
- Ability to estimate development effort and meet commitments
- Make recommendations on project strategy to implement new software successfully.
- Write and review design documentation that is accurate and efficient.
- Work closely with other team members to design and code solutions to meet business needs.
- Maintain and generate API documentation (code comments).
- Conduct unit tests and assist with the writing of effective unit tests for developed code.
- Review code developed by other team members, testing adequacy and documentation.
- Communicate with system users and helpdesk personnel regarding requirements and testing details
Desired Qualifications :
- A minimum of 2 years experience developing customer facing applications
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to code and work in a heterogeneous technical environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks within a demanding work environment.
- Ability to follow established quality standards, checkpoints, and communications processes to ensure project quality
- Ability to work on multiple products and projects at once in an agile environment
- Position is located in Tacoma, WA
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related technical field
- Some experience delivering content to Mobile platforms.
- Some experience with software bug tracking tools
- Window/Door Industry knowledge or experience in an ATO manufacturing environment
- Development experience with Edgenet’s m2o product or WTS Paradigm
- Experience integrating applications with ERP